The Balearic Islands Film Commission also promotes the internationalization of the Balearic Islands audiovisual companies, facilitating the presence of their audiovisual projects and productions in markets and festivals, supporting its distribution and promoting co-production.
Accions in co-production forums, markets and festivals:
The Balearic Islands Film Commission attends co-production forums, markets and festivals together with companies and professionals from the Balearic Islands, in order to look for international co-production and distribution for their projects.
The IBRC also does lobbying actions, networking and promotion of the balearic productions; coordinates promotional material, and submissions to markets and festivals in cooperation with FAPAE, ICEX, ICAA and other institutions. The IBFC also gives personalized advice to producers and festivals.
In the year 2016 the IBFC had presence in the following markets and festivals:
- Marché du Film (16-18 May, Cannes, France), with Palma Pictures and CineCiutat managers
- Sunny Side of the Doc, International Marketplace for Documentaries (20-24 June, La Rochelle, France), with a delegation of 6 Balearic producers
- Cross-border Professional Meeting “Cinéma a la frontière” at Prats de Molló (France) with IB3 and Balearic producers
- Spanish Screenings, Seville European Film Festival Markets (9-11 November, Seville), with a delegation of 8 Balearic producers
- FOCUS London, Location Market (6-7 December, London, UK)
National and international festivals databases:
More info about grants and subsidies for internationalization of the Institute for Language and Culture of the Balearic Islands: www.illenc.cat
The deadline for the call for subsidies for audiovisual production and co-production of the ICIB ends on Tuesday, July 30
The Menorca Film Festival opens its 4th edition with an absolute plenary in Ciutadella
Start the Festival de Cinema de Menorca
The Institut d'Indústries Culturals de les Illes Balears launches a new call for subsidies for the production and co-production of audiovisual works
Support of the ICIB at the exterior projection of audiovisual projects
The Government allocates € 100,000 to aid for audiovisual production
Fira B! approaches the music to the cinema with the collaboration of the IBFC
On July 27th, the deadline for requesting subsidies for the external projection of audiovisual projects is over
Marta Grimalt finishes her first feature film, Desierto en tu mente